Friday, November 11, 2005

Holliday

The Christmas tree is up already! No lights until Dec 1st. G and I are going to see them blow up those floats the day before Thanksgiving Day. She thanks you, Aaron. She shall continue to pray for you.
--
Billie & Me at Carnegie Hall was so so. I don't know anything about blues/jazz and watching her tribute made me thankful to be exposed to this genre of music so I won't be so close-minded as to not to try it but it is really not my cup of tea. She is very woe is me! My love so baaad...or something like that. Other times it is just an arpeggio of non-words that I guess I am suppose to discipher but all it does is makes me want to grab more Ricola cough drops that are free everywhere to keep me awake. I think the funniest thing is that Joan Osborne, THE Joan "One of Us" Osborne was wearing a dowdy white shirt and floral skirt with a clip in her dendrils belting it out. All I was thinking was "why is she not wearing a gold lame gown like the others?"
--
But this is my third time at Carnegie helping out and it is practically a dysfunctional family that we have going on here. A kooky artsy production girl, a wannabe broadway actor, a couple from Wyoming working at Disney, a nonprofit fundraiser who majored in paper artwork, a Juilliard musician who markets on the side and me...a pharm rep...MOOO. I love the people there, it is so interesting. I like them all. We have a great time together.
--
I missed Nicole Richie tonight at Virgin Megastore but I was there earlier this morning and I really want the Alicia Keyes' Unplugged CD. I want to see Light in the Piazza, Putnam County Spelling Bee, Doubt. I have never TCKTS before so I will try that. Bunch of great galleries goings on so I want to see that too. I want to Richard Tuttle but I have to Elizabeth Murray first.
Eek!
--
Kanye and Adam Levine have a song out together which is just alright but I find the pairing to be quite odd.
--
I finished Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner. I have read all her books except for Good in Bed. I don't know if that is something to be proud of. I think Goodnight Nobody is my first chick mystery which is a subgenre of the regular chick lit. I rather liked it in a fluffernutter sort of way because it lacked substance. I like Weiner because she can laugh at herself and she is quite honest about being a mom/wife which I am sure her fans find really relateable. Also, she is overweight in the Bridget Jones sort of way which makes her rather endearing. The ending was quite out of left field. Aaron and I are going to read a book together and I think that this pick will be swell. Last time we tried to read 100 Years of Solitude which is the slowest book ever! Methinks that the title of the book would intimate that. But I am onto my next book which is another historical novel which i am quite excited about. Details about that a little later.
--
Weekends are suppose to be relaxing days but find myself being busier on the weekends. I have to catch up on all the stuff I didn't get to do: be it social, errand or cleaning wise. I can't get no rest. I slept for a long time today because I walked so much yesterday. But now even on the weekends, I have to wake up early which meansI can't really stay out too late. I am such old fogey it is quite ridiculous.
--
Even though I had a long walk yesterday and my not wanting to go outside for more than I need to for I do not want to brave the cold, I went to the gym and was surprised that I was not tired but rather the lack of physical exertion left me just poo poo. So I ran a good run and spun some today too. In the NYTimes Style Section there was an article about how people do business in the gym instead of getting a meal or drink. I don't know whatto say to that. On the one hand, I went to a yoga class to build a relationship with one of my customers which I think gave me an edge. But on the other hand, the gym is a place where I can get out all my aggression, push myself harder as I use it to sort out all of physical and mental humps. As a result, I sweat and it's not pretty. So I think I would refrain from saying yes to anyone who wants to have a business meeting with me at the gym. Thanks but no thanks!
--
No Silk Nog! I hate FIT kids!!!
I got shoes online. Michael Kors shoes. My first hardcore designer shoes. However, I will get them on 1/10/06. What the heck is going on?
--
Trivia of the Day: Who wrote the Tipping Point?
(Many days ago answer: Daria Webowy).