Thursday, November 10, 2005

Dairy Queen vs. Shopgirl

Take a look at my fridge. I have yogurt, 3 tubs things of cottage cheese, soy milk, butter. I think I should work on a farm somewhere. Maybe I can work at Dairy Queen and that would up my chances at being ANTM (like Kyle). I don't know who is going to to win ANTM. I wished they kicked someone off but it is a hard decision. I don't really like Jayla. But they are going to London and I am really excited for them and excited to watch! I think that the reason I like watching it so much is that I am like a repoisseur figure, that I can just vicariously live through one of them. In last Sunday's NY Times article "Who is REALLY the next top model?" they scoffed at the tv as being to commercial for the are simply too old and too fat to be a REAL ANTM. NYTimes...What a smart ass.
--
I am literally waiting for Dagoba chocolate that Aaron bought for me. It is 50 degrees so I doubt they melted. I am so excited for it. Thanks for getting me egads of choco!!
Heaven!
--
It was really surreal today. I walked around midtown and there was a photoshoot happening at Christie's. Then I walked by Times Square and there was one of the newscasters doing makeup (she has tons on). Then I walk back on 49th street, I saw Anne Hathaway shooting "Devil Wears Prada!" That was so awesome. She is so pale in real life but her accessories, brown boots and bag matched the red brown of her hair. I went to Kenneth Cole today to see the the Rivet bag and it was so sold out. Yesterday I was at J Crew and the fur trimmed sweater was almost sold out! Everything that is in magazines are going away fast. The beauty of marketing.
--
I went to the American Girl Place because I saw so many people walking around with the bag. I used to read the Samantha, Kirsten, Molly books but the dolls are so scary. They scare me. There was this girl wheeling two dolls in her doll stroller and I just couldn't handle it. If I were a kid, I would build-a-bear. Or maybe go across the street and buy me some snazzy Lacoste shirts!
--
I went to H & M and they just had the Stella Mccartney collection out and people were literally tearing down the racks. I can't believe it. A woman even looked at a bikini bottom. What is the use of that? Anyway, I went to macy's and people kept asking me if I needed help. I need help to get away from you guys!! I shouldn't dislike them because I found out that these peeps work pretty much on commission. They get $10 per hour flat but if they don't make a sale this week and do next week, they get deductions from their paycheck. New York, you gotta love the lean mean green machine. As for commission, they get 3%. What if you get stuck selling crappy toe socks? I think I would owe the department store chunks of change.
--
I just got my choco! And they even have a letter that says "Alice, Enjoy hugs Aaron"
Aww so cute!! Thank you :)
--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home