Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Reading Rainbow


















Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high...that song will forever be etched in my head.
Went to the Butterfly exhibit going on at the Museum of Natural History. Pricey but like the Mastercard ad says..."priceless." Somewhat intrigued by the description but also frightened that I would be attacked by flurries of these winged creatures. But it was quite delightful to have lots of beautiful, colorful light as a feather butterflies fly around you, dancing in the air. My favorite was the Blue Morpho, which I found out, lives in Costa Rica. The color was such an exhilarating, sparkling blue. The Blue Morpho was the largest on there and when it flew, it fluttered so elegantly.
--
I also saw Prime with Uma Thurman and Meryll Streep. It got such bad reviews but I loved the movie. I love Uma. I think she is one of my favorite actresses. Blondes tend to be similar in a pin-up forgettable kind of way but there is something about Uma that I find rather alluring. She exudes this spirituality, like she has a really great soul that has experienced or at least understands a lot and I think shows in her acting, making her characters more complex. She makes Gwyneth almost school girly.
--
ANTM was a major gyp with a midpoint review. Sure, I missed some but I want to see who gets cut out next! Apprentice:Martha killt the two blondes. I really like the Project Manager for Matchstick for this round. She is also blonde. But unlike the two buttercup girls on Primarius who think being young and cute will lead them to the top, this one has a good head on her shoulders. I think she will win.
Side note: Buttercup is opening on the Upper West Side.
--
Kate Moss on the cover of Vanity Fair. I don't know what to think about that. I think that she should just be shut out and incubated for a while. But media likes to celebrate celebrities with more coverage when they are down. She will probably just get up, brush her shoulders off, and get another contract. Lesson unlearned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home