Sunday, October 16, 2005

How Do You Like Them Apples?

Fuji. Gala. Green. Used to be my favorites but now it is the JonGold (a cross between a Jonathan and a Golden Delicious). Just tart enough with a tad of sweetness. I didn't know I was such a connoisseur when it came to apples. I even baked some apples for mom & G.
I tried making apple buckwheat pancakes but it came out in a clump. They looked like deformed macaroons.
--
Now that I am a Grade A bonafied cook, I declared hell with vh1 and watched thirteen's "Scandinavian Cooking." Tina Nordstorm rocks. She pokes a big hole in the ice, nets some fish, and grills it while simpering "das easy no? squeezes of lemon. lemon and fish best friends." She butters, bay leafs everything. Whole eggs, milk, steak. All in a ice hotel. A Heidi inspiration. Makes me want to wear my hair in pigtails and churn me some butter.
--
But she did get me to explore more at Whole Foods. I got me some organic whipped unsalted butter, chicken sausage and organic peanut butter. Heidi Ho!!
--
When I come back from London, I shall make some stew. Tina uses dark ale in hers. Well, I still have a pack of Coors Light in my fridge...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home