Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Love Me Some Hammer!

Listening to Marty Casey's "Trees." On constant repeat since last night. I only voted for him this time! I really hope that he wins! I will make it a point to download some Lovehammers.
--
Lance used to be my fave but he is now engaged to Sheryl Crow. Lucky gal. Halfway done with the "It's Not About The Bike" book. He was such an angry kid. Glad he was able to channel his anger to win the Tour De France many times!
--
Roger Federer is up there too. He is just so damn cool when he plays. Completely breezy. He is modest and always talks up his opponents. And such a player!! So opposite of Agassi, who will be going against Blake tonight. Exciting game for sure!
--
Yay, K will be back on Saturday! There is always a lapse in correspondence and then I get a random email like "Hi, I am in Greece right now. I will be in London on Friday. Was just in Turkey last week." So I am really fascinated to hear about her vacation. And see the renovation to her place!
--
I have been fervently searching for pistachio macaroons. So far, Balthazar has coconut ones that don't make the cut. Fauchon in midtown has AMAZING eclairs but don't remember them having macaroons (probably in a state of daze because those damn eclairs were so heavenly). And methinks there is a French bakery, Musette, in the East Village but they only have chocolate macaroons. I always go to the Le Pain Quotidian when in that area because I LOVE their Grain Bread, Hazelnut Breadsticks, and their Pistachio Marzipan tart. So Yum!!
--
The only restaurant that caught my eye of late is BLT Fish. Always booked to the max but I heard is amazing and I love seafood so I am sure it will be great. I want to try that tiered thingamigjig. I prefer lesser known restaurants such as this one because when things are hyped up, they usually end up underwhelming. But Gramercy Tavern and Craft are definitely worth it. It was really cool that Craft only uses Riedel glasses. I broke mine. And they were a gift!
*SNIFFLE*






--
I am mentally psyching myself to get a haircut. My hair is so long that I know I will be very sad to part with it. To combat the downtroddenness of it all, I will listen to TOK's "When You Cry." Appt this weekend. Boohoo.

But I am sure tonight's Rockstar:INXS will make everything better. Prolly Jordis out.
--
Trivia of the day: Who is the owner of Gramercy Tavern?
(Yesterday's answer: Plano, Texas)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home