Friday, September 02, 2005

All the Queen's Men...

Life is gooood. Read 1/4th of One Hundred Years of Solitude. The book is layered with meaning. It is true that the names of the characters are quite similar but I didn't find it hard to follow. Marquez might be intimating at the idea of descendancy or perhaps that things might be different but still they are the same. When the father goes mad, he tells his family that today is Monday. The next day, he states that it is Monday. The sun rises in the same way, the sun sets in the same way, it must be Monday. By extension, people are humans and thus are essentially all the same. Our names could really be one of the same.
I love how the characters represent something and the events that happen to them serve as a lesson to us all. For me, what makes a piece of work good is if I take away something from it as it also moves me in an aesthetic way. 100 yrs is good art. The story has a very somber, solemn way about it, like the book does not move me to convulse with joy or to writhe in pain but rather just leads me to a life way back when, a place were life was simple though simple may not always mean best.
--
I am surprised that I am doing all the things that I want to do. New York City always compels me to move faster to get more things done. The force of the pendulum has the opposite effect on me, as I want to be still and in the state of disquietude. But as I count the number of things that I have done, I am quite pleased. There are things that I have started and still going at (like this blog and my fitness), as well as accomplishing things (reading more books) and doing things that I always wanted to do (going to Paris). I am a firm believer that you get back the energy that you put forth so right now I am just happy to be rewarded with such great things. So I am sending out good vibes!! Onward and Upward! :)
--
Another thing that I am really happy about is that my ties with my sisters are much better. I have three of them: J, G, and E and with all of them there for me, I guess I am extremely lucky to have three built-in best friends. They have to love me, damn it! What fools they are!
I am hanging out with G more because she lives in the city and she is the best! Next week will be her first business trip in Albany. Good luck!
--
This whole year, I was telling Aaron how badly I wanted to go to London. We were actually looking at forbes.com and reminiscing about the time we were in Hong Kong. Aaron said matter of factly "I think I am more Lonely Planet than Forbes." At this point, I am not even Lonely Planet. London? Ha! More like Vancouver end of year at this rate. But guess what happened? My sister, E asked me if I want to go with her to London/Paris next month!! Are you kidding me?!?! All expense paid, b-class. She is simply the best! J'adore Mademoiselle E.
--
So happy to finally have someone to shoot the shit with about tennis. D is rooting for Paradorn/Sonia Mizra, the first Indian woman to win a game at the US Open. She has made it to the fourth round and now will be facing the double-timing Maria Sharapova. She be going out with Adam Levine and Andy Roddick. Double fault!! I pick Adam Levine for sure.
--
It might sound nasty but I love Subway. Fresh and Toasted!! Yum!!
I am really into popcorn now too. But I have yet to have an unburnt bag. So I must eat around the singed nucleus.









--
Toni just called. We will belt it out tomorrow. Singy!!! She can git no cable. She has no sympathy because I have no telly!! Like a diligent student, she is going to the Guggenheim to research her new tour, the Go Russia exhibit which she states will be "overwhelming and dumb." So it is a must see!! Git on it!!
--
I want to be a wine and tea expert. I really hope that Aaron does his "Tea Corner" bit. I learned today that the ideal temperature for green teas is 85 degrees and higher for red teas. Things such as green tea ice cream, cake et al just has green tea powder added. I am going to try some reishi tea. http://www.canited.com/w-reishi.htm
An elixir for health!!
--
I can pull 150 lbs now!! I spun a lot today too. Lance would be proud.
--
Trivia question: What subways did Jahred eat daily to lose weight?
(Yesterday's answer: MiG Ayesa)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home