Sunday, September 11, 2005

Ohio State vs. Texas

Since we're trying to become a bit more male-oriented around here, I figure I'd let everyone know that Ohio State lost to Texas tonight, and if you didn't watch it, you missed a great game. There were a lot of great plays on both offense and defense, which always makes for an interesting football game.

Vince Young is really nasty and proved himself to be more than just a running back masquerading as a quarterback with a killer 24 yard touchdown pass to Limas Sweed. Still, he made a couple of really stupid decisions protecting the ball while he was getting sacked or trying to toss it away, resulting in a couple of turnovers.

I don't think there should be any more quarterback controversy at Ohio State after this game. From what I saw, Troy Smith played a great game (similar to Vince Young's in many ways), and Justin Zwick was essentially useless, except for leading a drive to set up one of five field goals made by Ohio State, and managed to get the ball stripped on their last drive of the game.

So, it was an enjoyable evening of football for me. I'm looking forward to the first Sunday of the NFL season tomorrow. My tv sucks, though, so I'm going to have to go somewhere to watch the Colts game. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home