Saturday, August 27, 2005

I Heart Brussel Sprouts

I am a creature of habit. When I start eating something that I like, I tend to eat it often, sometimes for breakfast, lunch and dinner until I get sick of it. Picasso had a Rose & Blue period. I had an Oatmeal & Watermelon period. Picasso is an artistic genius. I am but a fool for food.
--
My staples right now are cantaloupe, surimi (see below), and now...brussel sprouts!!
Every now and then I buy me some cashews just to mix it up a bit.
--
I love to go to walk around the neighborhood during the weekend, namely Whole Foods and Barnes & Noble. Though the Whole Foods is in Chelsea is smaller than the three floor behemoth at Union Square, it is the original. I got some Boca Burgers (Roasted Garlic is my fave) and got to sample some Macrona Almonds. They are sooooo good! From Spain with sea salt. I was a tad dubious since they look wet, but they are a lot tastier than the regular ones. A bit pricey but what a treat!
--
So many new books at B&N! The new Paulo Coelho and Bret Easton Ellis is out already but I got an oldie but hopefully goodie, The Other Boleyn Girl (Phillippa Gregory). Never really read historical fiction but the back cover promised me mystery and intrigue so I don't want to deny myself that. I also read some of Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About (Kevin Trudeau). I promise not to nuke everything I eat now. There are two other books that really interested me:

1) Geisha: A Life-- (Mineko Iwasaki) Suppose to be the true story that Arthur Golden's Memoirs of the Geisha was based on. I definitely want to see the movie too!

2) Indecision-- (Benjamin Kunkel) Quarter life crisis for an educated kid who doesn't know what to do with his life. Pfizer or Ecuador? I empathize.
--
As I left, saw a huge section for Sudoku, I guess to satiate the craze that is going on. Am I out of the loop or what? Apparently, Sudoku is a numbers crossword puzzle that tests your reasoning and mental prowess. I haven't tried it yet but I rather be eating my brussel sprouts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Condimentality said...

I noticed that you neglected to mention the wasabi oatmeal and miso oatmeal sub-periods.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home