Thursday, August 25, 2005

Red Dress

Ok...I am into chick lit books and right now I am reading a book called "Hand me down" about the youngest of three sisters who has to deal with the beauty of the eldest and the brains of the middle. I can relate in the sense that I am too the youngest of four but we are all so different so we can't compare. I guess there is such a demand for the chick lit books that there is a publishing company, Red Dress for it. Last week the NY Times even had an article how there is a subgenre of chick lit books, the romance/mystery where it follows the chick-lit formula of the spunky heroine who despite or because of her quirks she gets her man but throughout the story, she also stumbles upon and solves some crime. Whew! That seems like a busy combo, like a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner or something. I haven't tried it so I ain't going to knock it.
I think that the McDonald's thing looks really interesting. If you look up their frozen desserts menu, you also get this really weird soft serve cone with lime green/pink caramel-like substance on it. What the hell is that!??! That is uber gross. My host mom from Japan says that there is a Bulgogi sandwich in Korea at McDonald's which I think is rather interesting but will I try any of these? Ho-hum...emphatic NO!! ;P
I remember going to LA to visit my sister and we stopped by In-n-Out burger and they looked inda White Castle-ish to me. I really like the Coffee Bean there more so than Starbucks. The line for the chicken and waffles at Roscoe's was so long!!
I just remember a lot of sushi eating when I was in LA. Yum!! There are perks of having three older sisters because they tend to treat you to good food!!
My other sister G wants to go apple-picking with her Sept 10.
Um...my mom's birthday and I text messaged her. I hope she gets it. What to get her what to get her? Oh well.
I hope Aaron gets better. He is all sniffles.
On a random note: When is the best time to go to Thailand? November-March.
Thailand is known as the Spa capital of Asia. Ohh...how nice. :) Two hour massage is five US dollars.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg I LOVE Roscoe's chicken and waffles. you def. got a taste of real California.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home