Friday, November 18, 2005

Tea Corner

Hello. Welcome to another edition of Tea Corner. Today, we're going to be discussing blending tea. It's a great way to get new flavors from the teas that you already have, and it's an excellent way to enjoy your rare or expensive teas while making them last a bit longer.

Blending tea is really just combining two different kinds of tea leaves in one pot/cup of tea. For example, I'm currently drinking a pot comprised of half white tea (from some tea house in Eau Claire, WI) and half wulong tea (from Porto Rico in NYC). It's a great combination that adds a smoothness and brightness to the usual properties of wulong.

I also enjoy blending lychee red and pu'er tea with some regular loose green that I get at Trader Joe's . A whole pot of lychee or pu'er can be a bit overwhelming, but blending them with the green allows you to enjoy the flavors of these teas in a bit more subtle configuration. It's also nice because I got them in Lijiang, China, and I'd like to be able to enjoy them often and not run out before I get back there.

So, that's it for today. Don't take my word for it. Experiment with some combinations of teas and see if they float your boat. If you come up with something especially tasty, let me know. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home