Sunday, September 18, 2005

Aaron's Music Club

So, I feel kind of guilty for slacking off on the COTD lately. I'm going to start another daily thing that I can slack off on, so COTD doesn't feel left out. It will be called Aaron's Music Club. Its purpose will be to introduce the fine readers of this page to some new music that will make them cooler than they already are. I know that most of the readers of this page are spam robots and that there's really no way to become any cooler if you're already a robot, but this is for the rest of you.

My first selection is going to be "Gira Gira" by Afro-Cuban jazz supergroup Irakere off their The Best of Irakere album. This album was recorded back when Arturo Sandoval and Paquito D'Rivera were still part of the group, and their horn work throughout the album is impressive. This track's polyrhythmic percussion and unison horn work, along with some smooth keyboard solos courtesy of Chucho Valdes, make this a great track to listen to on a Sunday morning while you wait for the football game to start. So, that's what I'm going to do. Here's a link to the file. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home